- If you have lost or found something, please contact Nathan Cooper to report it or claim it. Nathan can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone 819 671 7732 .
- PLEASE ADVISE NATHAN WHEN YOU HAVE FOUND YOUR LOST ITEM OR IF THE ITEM HAS BEEN CLAIMED.
- Resolved items will be indicated by
ITEMS 2017: (Recent Items First)
While kayaking in the bay next to Gary Beach last week I found a dock approximately 8*10 at the back of the bay. It is not visible from the entrance of the bay. One has to get behind the natural floating rafts to the left of the bay as you are facing the entrance to see it.
Whoever it belong to should try to get it soon as possible as the lowering water levels may trap it for another year with all the tree stumps laying at the bottom of the bay.
Should you require more info, please contact Gaston.Launier@cegepoutaouais.qc.ca, Tel # 819 770-4012
Near 179 H Vipond property, two docks, one that is about 8×8, and the other which is about 4×4. Please contact Robin at email@example.com.
12 June Swimming raft approximately 8×8 feet with white ladder. Seems to be permanently fixed near the entrance to the bay at the north end of the lake near the big rock off our property. Call Sue Neill at 819 457 1289 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
6 June In the last high wind my dock broke away. It is a fairly large dock with white barrels to keep it afloat–the ramp is on the end–it has one new board on jthe top. If anyone sees it. Please contact me or if possible tie it up and let me know. Thank you, Diane Foubert 819-671-2301
22 May Lost: Black modular dock lost from the bay by the island with the cross, in the south end of the lake at 223 Powers. Contact Blair Duffy 613-435-3457
I have lost one of the oars (with an oar lock) for my fishing boat. It floated away during this years high water and I’ve searched the shore line without success. The oars were a gift from a friend and would really like to get it back.
A square log about 30 feet long washed up on our beach about a month ago and we’d like to see it removed before getting too stuck in the sand. If no one claims it soon I may be forced to cut it up with my chain saw.
Contact : email@example.com
ITEMS 2016: (Recent Items First)
Orange floating buoy marking shoal off Maclaren Point. Contact 818 671 2347
14 July Found: Sadly a small white/grey dog with no obvious collar was found washed up near the Garrard cottage on July 14th. It was buried under a tree off the watt road.
Thanks, Mike Garrard Michael Garrard <firstname.lastname@example.org>
At the Poole beach:
- This Spring – one upside down light blue paddle boat;
Last Fall – one 7′ boarding ladder for a pontoon boat.
From 255 H. Vipond , Floating swim platform/dock approx size 8×8. It has O rings drilled into the corners.
Please contact Allison at 613-868-7733 or email Ameloche@canadacaremedical.com
ITEMS 2015: (Recent items first)
Lost: From dock at 15 Chemin Albert:
teal blue rubber floating deck mat (Brookstone made and printed on it) , approximately 6’ x 2 ½’ …valued at appox. $100.00+ to replace with anything similar…
- Lost in the spring 2 white heavy plastic lounge chairs.
Contact: Eva Kmiecic/Paul Migus, 819 671-7575, Eva Kmiecic <email@example.com>
Lost – Blue Laser sailboat. Contact Shawn Howard, 819 671-2979.
Found- Floating Seat. Contact Marie at firstname.lastname@example.org
Found , soccer ball at Tim Frank’s island. Contact Nathan Cooper, email@example.com.
LOST in North Basin by Ian Maclaren: 1. Black boat bumper with stainless attachment key attached to line (lost on or after July 26)
Telescopic paddle; short; with orange blade (lost on July 12th)
Please call: (819) 671-2347
Found: Bestway Towable Tube, Blue and White. Contact Allan Landsberg, 17 Grand Allee (819) 671-2641.
Found,in the Spring at Wright’s shoreline, 207 Vipond Rd , large dock with sign attached. Contact Rob Wright at firstname.lastname@example.org , 207 Vipond Rd.
Found in the South end of the lake, Salus Life Preserver, Small – Medium. Can be picked up at the Cooper dock, 42 Watt Rd.
Found, near the Howard/Foy cottages: White Pelican Rowboat, no motor, fibreglass, and a kayak paddle. Contact Jason Foy, jayfoy@Hotmail.com, (819) 671-1178.
Lost, 2 navigational buoys – “No Wake”, near Joe Houghton and Mike Avon cottages. Contact Joe Houghton at (819) 671-7832
Lost, black dock float. Please contact Alison Hall, 285 chemin du Barrage, home 613-525-2689, cell 514-619-8406
Lost, red Cricket kayak, 8-10 ft and paddle. Please contact Tom Barber, email@example.com, (819) 457-2871
Lost, 12 ft Yukon aluminum boat . Please contact Terry Guilbault at (819) 671-4837, cell 613-797-2296 or Catherine Mullen at 613-863-5600.
Found near south end island, Princecraft , 14 ft tin boat, no motor. Can be picked up at Mike Avon’s dock. Submitted by Shawn Howard.
Lost, ramp, approx. 14′ X 4 ‘, cedar. Please contact Sue or Abby at 613 730 7401 (home), 613 219 7401 (my cell), or 819 4571289 (cottage).
ITEMS 2014: (Recent Items first)
Lost, 14ft x 14 ft dock from Foy property. Please contact Daphne at firstname.lastname@example.org.
July 6, 2014
July 1, 2014 (CANADA DAY)
From Don/Jan Poole. Found 10’X 10’swim raft. Details below: 2-3 days ago a swim raft floated in towards our place. It is about 10×10 ft and is situated in front of our neighbours property – Marchand on the right of ours looking from the lake. If there is a claimant they can call us as our neighbour is not there (819-671-1034 or email email@example.com.
June 27, 2014
Found: floating dock, 20 ft by 4 ft. Currently moored at 75 Portage at the very south end of Grand Lake. Call Louise or Paul at 819-671-7526.
June 11, 2014
Lost, large dock 20ft x 4 ft from the front of Nicol’s cottage at 261 Chemin du Barage. Contact Jim Nicol at (819) 671-2625 or (613) 255-3141.
June 8, 2014
Found, swimming platform, with green carpet. Contact Shawn Howard at firstname.lastname@example.org
May 8, 2014
Found at Methot cottage, 1 large dock. Contact email@example.com or 819-671-7526
ITEMS 2013: (Recent items first)
Found, older sailboat, yellow, presently tied to Newcombe’s dock. Will be kept there until claimed. Alex can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Lost at same time as green kayak (see 22 July entry) carbon fibre paddle. Contact Paul at email@example.com
- Found: male grey cat on Watt Rd. This cat has been visiting our cottage throughout the month of July but we think it is lost and as far as we can tell it does not belong to our neighbours. If you have any information please contact Mike Garrard at 613-853-0033. An add has been posted on the kijiji website at http://ottawa.kijiji.ca/c-pets-other-Grey-Cat-Found-Grand-Lake-Val-Des-Monts-W0QQAdIdZ505856719
AMENDED, 24 July : Kayak now at the Cooper-Jamieson dock, 294 Ch Lac-Grand. spotted a green kayak overturned at the shore edge near Paul/Smith property. Supporting info follows from Jane Newcombe: “””spotted a green kayak overturned at the shore edge. I will describe where it is and hopefully from the lake association map you can get a name. If one were to drive to the end of Perce Neige off Chemin du Lac Grand the cottage at the very far end on the right that owns that nice point with a little gazebo thing and the big orange buoy marking the shoal. The cottage faces more towards Jen’s bay but they own the point so there are a number of docks and decks some half submerged, some perched on the rocks facing the main lake. The Kayak is on that outside shore line towards main part of the lake overturned at the shore but in the water. It is dark green all one shade. It looks like it floated in there as opposed to rolling off the shore from that property. So if you know of somebody missing a green kayak – there you go. It is secure in its floating mooring maybe stuck on some branches”””
- Found during the recent storm – a large mainly white windsurfer board. It is standing up on the shore of the Langlois cottage in the North end and can be seen from the lake.
Friday’s storm brought a grey wooden Muskoka chair to the Dubois/Méthot dock at the south end of Grand Lake (75 Portage Road). Please call 819-671-7526 to reclaim it.
- Floating Island, found at Wyn Dempsey’s dock. Contact Wyn at 671-2424
- Dock found between Terry Guibault and Wyn Dempsey’s place. Contact Terry at819 671-4837 or Wyn at 819 671-2424
- Dock, approximately 8X12 ‘, found at Brian Reynolds’ dock. Contact Brian at 819 671-3711.
2 June 2013
A “cartop” dingy (set up for fishing) with a 4hp motor was found in the south end of the lake, by Ken Monds. It is
currently tied up at their dock. Ken can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org or 613 225-8862
May 5th, 2013:
- Found drifting, North end, large Dolpin bumper. Presently at Coopers’ dock. Contact Nathan Cooper, 819-671-7732, email@example.com
- Found drifting in North end, ALTO, older white sail board. Presently at Coopers’ dock. Contact Nathan Cooper, 819 671 7732, firstname.lastname@example.org
ITEMS 2012 and prior:
August 18, 2012; Found by Dave Helgason, South end of the lake, 71 Portage, blue single seat kayak, presently tied to his dock. Paul can be reached at 818 671 1407
– April 2012 : lost by Jim Nicol -a dock 4 ft x 10 ft. If found please contact Jim Nicol at 819-671-2625 or Jim Nicol Jr. at 819-671-8116.
– August 2011: lost by Judy Meloche: a large black plastic float (for under dock). If found, please contact Judy at email@example.com .
– July 27, 2011 – lost by Don Costello: an O’Brien water ski in the area of the culbute. If found, please call Don at 613-722-2075 or e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org .
– July 7, 2011 – found at Elizabeth Vipond’s (819-671-1091), a small silver fibreglass boat
– July 5, 2011 – found at Judy Meloche’s, a large wharf 12 ft. x 12 ft.
– found weekend of July 1st, 2011: a small wharf on the small island with the cross.
– found weekend of July 1st, 2011: a white paddle board on shore in the Narrows.
– May 2011 – found at the end of the island across from Wyn Dempsey’s cottage, southwest end of Grand Lake – one yellow paddle boat. Call Wyn Dempsey.
-May 2011 – found at south end of Grand Lake – one grey fibreglass fishing-type boat; looks new; in the marsh near Gary Beach’s cottage. Call Wyn Dempsey.